Patch 3.0.8 is here!January 20, 2009
After many a Tuesday spend waiting, Patch 3.0.8 is finally here! The servers are still down as of writing this, so log on and get that patch downloading before everyone else!
For full patch notes, head over to the World of Warcraft site here.
Patch 3.0.8 Overview for Feral Druids
- Bonus Armor: The mechanics for items with bonus armor on them has changed (any cloth, leather, mail, or plate items with extra armor, or any other items with any armor). Bonus armor beyond the base armor of an item will no longer be multiplied by any talents or by the bonuses of Bear Form, Dire Bear Form, or Frost Presence.
- Tapping: All player spells which cause a creature to become aggressive to you will now also immediately cause the creature to be tapped. (Like Faerie Fire)
- Shield Wall, Barkskin, Guardian Spirit, and Divine Protection are now off the Global Cooldown.
- The run speed in spirit form has been increased by 50%. Night Elves in Wisp form will now move at a bonus 75% speed.
- Feral Attack Power: All weapons now have the potential to grant feral attack power based on their dps (as compared to the best superior-quality weapons available at level 60). Players will see their existing feral weapons grant roughly the same attack power as they did before (+/- 2 or so), but many new weapons will be options for the feral druid. Some feral weapons have had strength converted to attack power to be more appealing to other classes able to equip them. All druids will see the amount of feral attack power granted by an item in the item tooltip, if it grants any, but other players will not see that information.
- Growl: Range increased to 30 yards.
- King of the Jungle – The Bear effect is now physical, and thus cannot be dispelled.
- Polearms: Now trainable by Druids.
- Primal Tenacity: Now reduces the cost of Bear Form, Cat Form, and Dire Bear Form by 17/33/50% in addition to its previous effects.
- Protector of the Pack: No longer changes value based on party size.
- Savage Roar: The buff now persists outside of Cat Form but only provides its benefits while in Cat Form.
- Survival of the Fittest: This talent now grants 22/44/66% bonus armor in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form in addition to all of its previous effects.
- Swipe: Swipe (Cat) has now been added at level 71, dealing 260% weapon damage, costs 50 energy with no cooldown. All talents affecting the Bear Form version affect the Cat Form one as well.
- Druid Feral Tier 7 Set: The 4 piece bonus now also decreases the cooldown on Tiger’s Fury by 3 seconds.
- Shadowmeld: This ability will now properly restore threat when it is cancelled. In addition, it will correctly remove a player from combat if it is active when that player is the last person left alive that the creature hates. This ability is now also unusable while affected by Faerie Fire.
- Bear Form: This ability will now grant the correct attack power per level for levels 71-80.
- Maim: Tooltip adjusted to match the duration the ability has always had.
- Opening: Opening doors and objects should no longer cause shapeshifted forms to be cancelled.
- Rake: The initial damage from this ability is now properly considered bleed damage, and will be increased by Mangle and Trauma.
- Savage Fury – Mangle (Bear) damage was being increased by a higher percentage than intended. This has been fixed, and in result Mangle (Bear) should see roughly a 16% damage reduction. Also fixed a bug with Savage Fury where the Rake bleed effect was not being increased.
- Survival Instincts: The extra health from this ability now persists in all forms, but the ability can only be activated in Cat Form, Bear Form, or Dire Bear Form. This prevents the health gain from occurring multiple times if constantly shapeshifting.